Wembley Primary School has achieved the ''Wellbeing Award for Schools''
Our Wellbeing Vision Statement
At Wembley Primary we:
- Commit to promoting positive wellbeing throughout our school community.
- Understand the importance of wellbeing and the role it plays in creating an environment where all are healthy, happy and achieve their best.
- Listen, support and respond to the views of our community and provide opportunities to equip all with the tools needed to maintain a positive well-being.
What is Wellbeing?
We see wellbeing in a broad sense which includes physical health and recognise that children’s emotional health is a crucial factor in their overall wellbeing and can affect their learning and achievement.
What is ‘good’ emotional health and wellbeing in our school?
• To be resilient, confident, adaptable and collaborative
• The ability to recognise, acknowledge and manage their feelings
• The ability to develop caring and concerns for others
• The ability to develop meaningful, positive and long-lasting relationships
• The ability to take responsibility for themselves and make practical decisions
• The knowledge of how to promote their own wellbeing
• It includes everyone within our school
Some whole school approaches to promote positive mental health and wellbeing
• Use of the language of ‘Growth Mindset’, where resilience and perseverance is celebrated
• Use of outside learning such as the School Nature Garden
• Broad and enriched curriculum including school trips, after school clubs
You can contact Ms Griffith (Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead) on 0208 901 9889