The year 5 pupils have been involved in a project with the London Transport Museum entitled Engineering Change. They have been investigating how transport has changed over time to become greener and they have also taken part in an environmental audit of the school.
The children are designing posters to encourage people to think about the planet and will be interviewing industry experts after half-term.
This work will then be used by the museum and Transport for London using the term Small changes can make a big difference.
Read the recent Blog by Transport for London 'Engineering Change - Environmental Warriors in the Making'
Year 5 were involved in a Takeover Day in where they interviewed experts from London Transport.
• Muinat Adeyemo, Senior Sustainability Consultant, Sopra Steria,
• Louise Nolan, Civil Engineer, Mott MacDonald
• Anna Allwright, Strategy Specialist, Cubic
• Obi Nwofor, Senior Operating Officer, TFL
• Sophie Bancroft, Head of DLR Operations, TFL,
• Sam Longman, Head of Corporate Environment, TFL
on the important topics of climate change and sustainability.
It was a great experience, for both the adults and children. The children learnt so much from the whole experience.
You can watch the video by clicking on the link below;